Calling tuna lovers who are bored of eating tuna for salad, to try this Tuna Curry – which is one of my all-time favourites!
Canned tuna , along with some basic spices is all that is required to make this tasty dish.
I survived on Canned tuna ,yoghurt and rice when I was in university . I am sure this tuna curry will be your life saver too when you are in need of a quick fix !
As long as you have the basic spices , this recipe shouldn’t take more than 10 mins to prepare.
1 can (425 gms) Tuna in spring water
1 medium onion , finely chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1 green or red chilli Chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 sprig of curry leaves , roughly chopped (optional)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Salt , to taste
1/4 tsp chilli powder (optional)
1 tbsp coriander leaves , roughly chopped (optional)
1 tbps oil
1/2 tsp black mustard seeds(optional)
- Heat oil in a non- stick pan , add curry leaves , followed by mustard seeds, please watch out as mustard seeds may splutter .
- Add chopped onion, saute well, until translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste , saute well , add chopped chilli followed by turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes followed by salt and chilli powder. Mix well , cover and cook for 3 mins .
- Add tuna and mix gently. Cook for 6 to 8 mins until the water evaporates and the gravy becomes thick .Don’t stir too much as fish can break up and become mushy.
- Add chopped coriander leaves , mix and serve with rice .
I beleive recipes are just guidelines not to be followed exactly , experiments with different ingredients.You can subsitute pepper powder if you are allergic to chillies , parsley instead of coriander leaves . Basically, have fun and get inspired !